MS KILLS CONNECTION > < CONNECTION KILLS MS
MS Awareness Week March 11 – 17, 2013 Connect to End MS
Multiple sclerosis is a life altering disease that affects each person in a unique and different way. MS destroys connections, divides minds from bodies, pulls people from their lives and away from one another. Therefore, it’s only fitting that connections would be its greatest enemy. As more connections are formed, more knowledge is shared, more questions asked, more resources gathered, and more hope is provided to help people with MS move their lives forward.
The Kentucky-Southeast Indiana Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society is connecting with people from across the nation during MS Awareness Week, March 11 – 17 to give what they know.
The National MS Society is a prominent force in forging connections among people with MS, friends and colleagues who raise awareness and funds, people who treat those with MS, and people who research ways to stop MS, restore function lost to MS and end MS forever.
MS Awareness Week opportunities:
- Marquees for MS Volunteer Contest – Plaster this phrase, “Celebrate Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Week March 11 – 17” or “Celebrate MS Awareness Week March 11 – 17” on all the marquees in your community! Think about all the businesses, banks, churches, schools, etc. you can contact. Take a picture of yourself next to the marquee and post it on the Chapter’s Facebook page or email it to email@example.com for a chance to win a digital camera! The more marquees you get the phrase on the more times you will be entered to win. You can build connections, view and share images, video, and stories about your connections on the Chapter’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/kynmss.
Moving Against MS - Moving Against MS is a Bike and Walk A Thon promoting MS awareness. Cycle or walk for half hour increments in the center of Fourth Street Live in Louisville from 9:00AM–7:00PM on Friday, March 15, 2013. Or, volunteer to help promote Bike MS and Walk MS as well as share information about MS. For more information or to sign up to bike or walk call 502-526-4031 or email Jerika.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Walk MS Louisville Kick Off Party - Join us as we fight MS one donut sculpture at a time. Enjoy beer battered pancakes, the Krispy Kreme station, and lots of prizes! Build your team and learn more about Walk MS Louisville at Drinkswell on Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 9:30AM. For more information contact Mary Carabella at 502-526-5303 or email@example.com.
- Bike MS Training Ride Kick Off Party – Kick off your morning on Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 8:45AM with a 15 mile training ride beginning at Drinkswell in Louisville. The ride will be followed by beer battered pancakes, beer and prizes! Haven’t registered for 2013 Bluegrass, Bikes and Bourbon yet? FREE Bluegrass, Bikes and Bourbon registration for training ride attendees! For questions or more information please call 502-526-4031 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Give What You Know - Share your story and connect with others at www.MSconnection.org. You can create your own video story, download web banners, register to participate in Walk MS, Bike MS, or some other special event near you. Whether you volunteer, bike, walk, advocate, educate, or support – every action is a way of moving us closer to a world free of MS and shows your commitment to the MS movement.
A special thank you to the Frankfort Regional Medical Center for supporting our awareness efforts.
Check out these ideas for ways you can “move it” or come up with some of your own. Either way, every effort you put forth is a step forward in the movement!
- Facebook: Become a fan of the Kentucky-Southeast Indiana Chapter’s Facebook page and invite your friends to become fans, too. Use your own Facebook page to share your story.
- Orange: Generate MS aWEARness by wearing orange and telling people why you’re wearing it.
- Videos: Post videos on YouTube showing how you’re “moving it” during MS Awareness Week, or share this video about MS through your Facebook, Twitter or email account.
- Move: Make a commitment today to participate in Society events throughout the year that raise awareness and money for a world free of MS – Walk MS or Bike MS.
- Volunteer: Sign up to volunteer this year at one of our events!
- Donate: Support the Society. Every donation supports the research, programs and services that move us closer to a world free of MS.
- Read up: Sign up for Action Alerts to receive the latest information on issues that are important to people affected by MS.
- Make a Mark for MS: Donate to the National MS Society Kentucky-Southeast Indiana Chapter when you complete your income taxes. All money raised stays in the state!
- Get Digital: Pick from these digital downloads to promote MS Awareness Week with Facebook badges, web banners, e-mail signatures, blog widgets or new wallpaper for your computer screen.
- Posters & Banners: To print an MS Awareness Poster CLICK HERE. To print an MS Awareness Banner CLICK HERE. Take them to local retail or business to hang!
Remember, no matter how you “move it” during MS Awareness Week, you’re helping create a world free of MS! It all starts by generating awareness. It all starts with you.
What is “Awareness” Building and What Does It Look Like?
“MS awareness” can be described as anything intentional that you do to help people understand what MS is, why the Society exists and how others can join the movement to create a world free of the disease. It’s striving to help people understand the MS, the work being done to serve people affected by it, and the research being conducted to end the disease forever.
Have a story to share about what you’re planning to do during MS Awareness Week? Let us know! Email email@example.com.