Wellness Incentive Program
Because exercise is so important to the health of those with MS, the Kentucky-Southeast Indiana Chapter has introduced an incentive for everyone with MS regardless of income. The Wellness Incentive Program provides funding for up to $150 per year to help defray the costs of joining an exercise facility or participating in recreation classes. Download your Wellness Incentive Application here.
The MS Center Exercise Program - Louisville, KY
- Aqua Aerobics - Two classes per week at Baptist East/Milestone Wellness Center. Wednesdays from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Free of charge to those with MS.
- MS Yoga - Mondays from 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. at Baptist East/Milestone Wellness Center. Free of charge to those with MS.
- For any questions or to register for these classes, please call 502-559-3230, ext. 13, or e-mail Megan.Parr@NortonHealthcare.org.
YMCA MS Exercise Class - Lexington, KY
Program is in partnership with Saint Joseph Neurology, Saint Joseph Outpatient Rehabilitation Services, and the Kentucky-Southeast Indiana Chapter of the National MS Society. The program is a 12-week class for adults, individually designed exercise program based on each person’s specific needs and goals, and free for members and $50 for program participants. Financial assistance available.
MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS PROGRAM CLASSES:
- Beaumont Centre Family YMCA: Mondays and Wednesdays, 1:30-2:30 p.m. Contact: Corey Donohoo at 219-9622 or email@example.com.
- High Street YMCA: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1:30-2:30 p.m. Contact: Debbi Dean at 367-7332 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- North Lexington Family YMCA: Mondays and Wednesdays, 3:30-4:30 p.m. Contact: Melissa Bellew at 258-9622 or email@example.com.
Cardinal Hill Aquatic Program - Lexington, KY
The mission of Cardinal Hill Aquatic Program is to provide the community with a positive aquatic experience that will benefit them both physically and emotionally. Cardinal Hill’s Aquatic Programs are clinically driven, allowing participants to gain functional mobility and independence. To find out more about Cardinal Hill's Wellness Programs click here.
Equipment Loan Program
Durable medical equipment is loaned at no cost to MS clients if the item cannot be covered through insurance. The goal of this program is to help people live more safely and independently. Clients must be registered and have a prescription from a physician for the particular item of equipment. Call 1-800-344-4867, option 1 for information.