Please join us for FREE educational teleconferences the second Tuesday of every month. Registration is required. To register for a teleconference or to borrow copies of the teleconference CDs, please contact 1-800-344-4867 option 1.
May 8 - Multiple Sclerosis, Sex and Intimacy
Join us for an open and honest discussion about the personal and intimate side of living with MS. This presentation provides opportunities for participants to explore concepts of intimacy, challenge their communication skills and explore a range of sexual expressions to awaken or enhance the sexual connection.
June 12 - Improving Independence in Progressive MS
Sometimes MS symptoms can progress to the point that they significantly interfere with daily activities. Maintaining control and independence in everyday life doesn’t necessarily mean doing everything the same way you did it before. This call will discuss how to navigate the world of assistive technology and suggest ways to modify your environment at home and at work to optimize control and independence.
July 9 - Riding the MS Emotional Roller Coaster
This teleconference will look at MS and its common emotional changes including: depression, irritability, anger, anxiety, and PBA. We will discuss the different strategies available for managing the impact of the "MS emotional roller coaster."
September 10 - Research: Where are we now? Where are we going?
This call will discuss what is happening in MS research, and what is on the horizon. You will learn what we know now about new treatments that have come on the market within the last year and how to connect with clinical trials.
LISTEN TO PAST TELECONFERENCES ONLINE:
Employment with MS
- 21st Century Approach to Job Searching
- Don't Do it Alone; Employment Resources
- Employment- Get Informed
- Home-based Employment; What Employers Want
- Newly Diagnosed- Employment Issues and MS
- Re-Invent Yourself
- Managing Challenging Resumes
Living with MS
- Adjusting to Your Diagnosis
- Bowel & Bladder Problems
- Exercise & MS: You Can Do It
- Financial Planning
- Integrating MS into Your Life
- Learning to be a Great Self Advocate. Download the handout.
- Managing Memory Decline
- MS, Sex & Intimacy
- Multitasking: Living with MS While Parenting Young Children. Download the handout.
- The Impact of Laughter
- Women's Issues and MS
MS Management and Healthcare
- Genetics, Genomics, and MS
- Making the Most Out of Your Clinic Visit. Download the handouts.
- MRI & Disease Management
- MS Management with Chiropractic Care
- SSDI & MS. Download the handout.
- The Affordable Care Act. Download the handout.
- Vitamin D & MS. Download handouts 1, 2 and 3.
Newly Diagnosed with MS