There are many resources out there that will make you a prepared and successful advocate for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
These links will provide you with advocacy basics, information about your area representatives, and useful links to government and other resources. Take Control.
- The Advocacy Center
- Governor's Office of Disability Affairs (GODA)
- Social Security Disability - Information about SSDI claims and information
- Department of Health and Hospitals
- Department of Social Services
- Federal MS Advocacy Action Network - learn about MS related issues being debated in Washington, D.C.
- Key Laws Affecting people with Disabilities - learn about your rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- The National MS Society has adopted new National Health Care Reform Principles to help shape policies that impact the lives of people with MS.