2012 Notice of Race (PDF, 2MB)
MS Harborfest 2013
32nd Annual MS Regatta
Friday, August 16, 2013
- MS Regatta Skipper Meeting 6:00pm
- MS Benefit Auction 6:00-10:00pm
Both the Skipper Meeting and the Auction will be held at The Portland Company, 58 Fore Street, Portland, Maine
Saturday, August 17, 2013
- Parade of Sail and MS Regatta
- Parade of Sail start 10:45am, First Gun, 12:30pm
Your sailboat can cure Multiple Sclerosis
Why should I do this?
Your support funds MS education, support, advocacy, services and research that helps 19,000 people who have MS, and their families, in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont.
How do I do this?
By entering your sailboat and joining hundreds of other sailors for an afternoon of sailing in the MS Regatta, just one event in the weekend that celebrates the MS Harborfest.
Where does this happen?
The Parade of Sail begins near Mackworth Island in Falmouth, The MS Regatta starts in Portland Harbor and sails amongst the nearby islands.
Who does this?
Families, new sailors, old sailors, old salts, young salts, people who just heard about it, people who have done it for 30 years, absolutely anyone who wants to spend a day on the water and help cure Multiple Sclerosis.
How does the fundraising work?
You, your company or a company you know can become a sponsor. Anyone can form a team to raise the sponsorship fee. Join together with friends and family to contribute smaller amounts to reach the goal.
Can I get help finding a sponsor?
Of course! Maybe you know a company willing to sponsor but are uncomfortable asking them – we have volunteers that can help.
What do sponsors donate?
Services, products or Cash.
Why should a sponsor donate?
- They will be listed on the MS Harborfest website throughout the year.
- They will be included in all 2012 post-event materials and listed in all MS Harborfest 2013 promotional materials.
- The company banner can be flown on the sponsored sailboat during the Parade of Sail prior to the regatta.
- They will be invited to the MS Benefit Auction Friday night and the MS Regatta awards and barbeque on Saturday.
- They can send representatives on their sponsored sailboat or the VIP spectator boat.
- They get to hang out with the captains, crews and family members that support this very important cause.
I can’t race this year but I would like to volunteer, how do I do that?
We are always happy to have volunteers! Contact us for opportunities to volunteer for any of the weekend events.
Is there more information available?
Yes! Contact us with your questions, ideas and suggestions.
(207) 781-5242 or (207) 781-4547
Sue Tidd, Director of Development - Maine
Greater New England Chapter, National MS Society
(207) 781-7960, Fax (207) 781-7961
MS Harborfest Chairman Emeritus