What a Difference a Day Makes!
MS Days of Service are organized by the Chapter. On these days, teams of volunteers complete projects for people living with multiple sclerosis.
Days of Service take place in the autumn and spring in all parts of the Chapter area from 9:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m. (exact dates are dependent on volunteer teams and project locations) Volunteers Teams complete projects for or provide friendly visitation to people living with MS in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire & Vermont.
Do you have simple, odd jobs that you need completed but due to fatigue or other symptoms of MS cannot seem to get them done? Gutters too high to reach? Need some help organizing a room or two? This is the day for you! Please complete application.
Want to help?
Volunteers work in teams and receive training, orientation and lunch. Please complete a volunteer application online.
Some of the projects volunteers can assist with include:
- *Yard work, *small household repairs
- Cleaning gutters (1-story homes only), Helping to de-clutter house or garage
- *Painting, cleaning out and organizing closets
- Moving furniture, *packing and storing items in garage or attic
- *Heavy cleaning, transporting donated items to thrift shop
- *Handyman chores, running errands
- Friendly visiting in your home, assisted living or nursing home.
*You must have the supplies and tools ready to go for any projects
All applications to participate in MS Day of Service must be received in time to complete background checks prior to a scheduled Service Day.