- Chapter reimbursements are only available to individuals with MS.
- Chapter reimbursements are available as long as funds are available.
- Reimbursements forms can be accessed online or by calling the Chapter at 1-800-344-4867.
- Don’t see an organization in your area? Do you know of additional organizations who might be interested in joining our referral network? Are you a representative from an organization interested in working with people with MS? Contact Amber Stalker at email@example.com for more information.
- Any person with MS who is initiating a new exercise program should consult with his or her physician before starting.
- Talk with each provider to find out about location accessibility.
How does this work?
Please contact the organizations directly to inquire about upcoming and ongoing adapted recreation programs in your community. Inform the instructor that you are a person with MS. Many of these organizations offer free or minimally expensive programs. Please note that some programs involve a larger time commitment (multiple weeks or sessions, as opposed to a one or two date program), and this may be reflected in the cost of the program. Financial assistance opportunities may also be available through the organizations directly.
Participate in the program!
Apply to the Chapter for an accessible recreation reimbursement. To be eligible for this reimbursement, individuals with MS must participate in the program they registered for.
- For single session programs: Participants must participate in the full program.
- For multi-date programs: Participants must participate in at least 65% of the total program dates (i.e. 2 of 3 dates, 4 of 6 dates, 7 of 10 dates).
For all programs: Participation must be verified by the organization, either via registration receipt provided by the participant or via completion of reimbursement form. This paperwork must be received within 2 weeks of the completion of program. Forms received after the two weeks may not be eligible for reimbursement.
The Chapter will provide a reimbursement covering half the cost of the program, not to exceed $20.00, twice a year. Please note that the required minimum cost for the recreation program must be $10.00 in order to be eligible for reimbursement.