The National MS Society is dedicated to reaching out and responding to the needs of individuals affected by the challenges of living multiple sclerosis. The Maryland Chapter strives to reach this goal by providing a variety of assistance programs to our members. We work to customize our response to meet each individuals needs.
Some of the areas where we offer assistance include:
- Emergency Financial Assistance- A one-time fund that provides assistance with basic needs such as rent or utilities bill.
- Respite Care Program- Limited financial assistance for services that enhance the safety and independence of people with MS and/or provide emotional, physical and financial relief to their family caregivers.
- Physical Health and Wellness- Limited financial assistance is available for Society sponsored health and wellness classes.
Medical Equipment and Home Modifications- Limited financial assistance for items such as walkers, grab bars, wheelchairs or bathroom safety items that are not adequately covered by insurance and not available from other resources.
• Items available for loan.
• Referrals to durable medical equipment vendors.
- Transportation- Limited financial assistance is available for transportation to medical appointments.
To learn more about the Chapter's Direct Financial Assistance program please call 1-800-344-4867. You can download the application or request one be sent to you by calling 1-800-344-4867.