MS Awareness Week is March 3 - 9, 2014!
During MS Awareness Week, March 3 - 9, 2014, people all over the nation will come together to share, educate and build awareness.
MS is a destroyer of connections -- it disrupts signals, separates minds from bodies and pulls us away from each other. It’s only fitting that connection is its greatest enemy.
What if we were able to connect everyone who has MS with those who treat and research the disease? What if everyone affected by or interested in MS would stand together and work as a team to overcome this disease?
- Register to walk or volunteer at Walk MS at walkMSmaryland.org and invite three friends or family members to participate with you
- Take the Challenge and register to participate or volunteer at Bike MS: Chesapeake Challenge or Challenge Walk MS: Chesapeake Challenge
- Contact the Maryland Chapter to find out how you can volunteer. Call us at 443-641-1200 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Paint the Town Orange!
- Visit your legislators: Make an appointment to speak with your local, state and/or federal legislators. Tell them your story and how they can better serve you.
- Dress in orange: Wear orange as much as you can this week. If someone asks about your orange, explain what you’re supporting.
- Donate your Facebook status: MS stops people from moving. Let people know it’s not stopping you by typing a verb and then “orange” in your status box. For example: “walking orange,” “driving orange,” “climbing orange.” Send a message to all your friends and ask them to do the same.
- Speak out: Is there a business you frequent that could be more accessible? Make time during MS Awareness Week to reach out to the owner or manager, either in person or a letter. Explain that you have MS and how it affects you, and start a discussion about how the facility’s accessibility could be improved.
- Host a DIY event to raise money for the NMSS or a fundraising event (Walk MS, Bike MS, Challenge Walk MS). Ask a local restaurant to host a Dining Out Night where a percentage of the checks from that night go to the NMSS.
There are so many ways to show your orange spirit during MS Awareness Week! Be sure to share your ideas and stories with us on Facebook.