Charlotte Commons Apartments, near the University of Minnesota, opened in 2009 and was provided through our partnership with Project for Pride in Living (PPL) and a grant from ResCap. The complex offers several affordable, accessible two-bedroom apartments for those who meet the eligibility requirements.
Located at 1201 Brook Ave. SE in Minneapolis, the units are fully ADA-accessible and include central heat/air, washer/dryer and dishwasher.
For more information or to be added to the waiting list, contact PPL at 612-379-3461.
Charlotte Commons features
- Roll-in showers, raised toilets, grab bars and open space under sinks
- Lowered kitchen counters and cabinets (with roll-out shelves)
- Lowered light switches and thermostats; raised outlets
- 36-inch doors with lever hardware
Household income below 50 percent of area median income:
- 2 people: $33,600
- 3 people: $37,800
- 4 people: $42,000
Rent for two-bedroom units: $850
- Underground parking
- Convenient bus route on Como Avenue
- Located next to Van Cleve Park Recreation Center
- Elevator with automatic main entrance door opener
- Controlled access and key card entry with push pads