Accessible, affordable apartments for people with MS
4550 Humboldt Ave. N.
Kingsley Commons is one of the nation's first apartment buildings designed to provide independent living to people with multiple sclerosis. Owned and operated by Common Bond Communities, the residence offers 25 accessible, affordable apartments to people who earn 50 percent of the area median income (AMI) of the Twin Cities metro area or less. For example, a single person earning less than $29,400 annually would meet the low-income requirements ($33,600 for two people). There are other units that have a 60 percent AMI level.
For more information or to be added to the waiting list, contact Common Bond at 612-588-2303.
Kingsley Commons features
- 100 percent accessible apartment
- Home care service onsite
- One- and two-bedroom units with bay windows
- Rent subsidized by HUD
- Qualifying households typically pay 30 percent of monthly income for rent
- Large community room with kitchen and fireplace
- Outdoor patio with gazebo and gas grill
- Onsite laundry and accessible tub room
- Computer room
- Pets welcome (some restrictions)