Raise awareness and make changes in your community
Relationships and raising awareness are essential to activism. Whether you’re talking to your neighbors at a picnic, introducing yourself to your legislator at the county fair or sharing your story with the MS Society, you are building relationships that make a huge impact.
This toolkit has ideas, activities and resources you can use as you prepare to make a difference in your community.
*Check back often for more tools you can use!
How do you want to get involved?
- Use my story to make a difference
- Become an Action Alert member
- Stay updated by following the "I'm an Activist" blog
- Learn about the chapter's priority issues
- Write a letter to my legislator or to the editor of my newspaper
- Volunteer for my State Advocacy Council and help the chapter coordinate advocacy activities in my state. (Contact Jenna for more information)
- Meet with my congressperson during recess (contact Jenna for more information)
- Find out how to get in touch with my legislator (click state below)