Living with MS can sometimes be challenging...so can the variety of emotional reactions a person may feel. Often emotional health needs are overlooked, as many people are unsure where to begin. Finding someone to talk to can be an important first step.
Talk MS Groups
The Chapter sponsors a network of community Talk MS groups facilitated by people with MS for people with MS. The groups provide an opportunity to share information, discuss common concerns, and have fun in a relaxed social setting! Members of Talk MS groups share a belief that positive change happens through individual efforts with the support of others. The benefits of these groups include:
- Learning new information and strategies for confronting problems.
- Finding reassurance and support from others with similar life experiences.
- Developing personal insights and achieving personal growth.
- Guest speakers sharing their expertise.
- The opportunity to be helpful to others.
- Feeling less isolated.
- Learning to express feelings better and to be more sensitive to the feelings of others.
- Feeling empowered and more self-confident in coping with challenges.
Developing a connection to a community and personal identification with a social group.
To join one of these very special groups, please contact the leader at the location nearest you or call Stacey, Program Coordinator at (314) 781-9020 or 1-800-344-4867, option 1 or email Stacey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Talk MS Research Teleconference - Download it now
Download and listen to the MS Research teleconference that took place on August 18, 2010. Dr. Robert Naismith, Assistant Professor of Neurology at Washington University in St. Louis discusses the latest in MS research as well as information about new MS treatments. Download the MS Research Teleconference.
The TeleFriend program can begin a relationship with a trained individual with MS who truly understands the challenges faced when diagnosed with MS all from the privacy of your home. Through TeleFriend program you will be connected with someone with MS over the phone. Learn more about this program.
Talk MS Groups are brought to you in part by Wachovia Wells Fargo Foundations.