Tai Chi is a Chinese martial art consisting of gentle movements meant to stimulate the body's "chi," or energy. Tai Chi promotes balance in the body, both mentally and physically. Tai Chi can be practiced standing or sitting and may help to:
- Improve balance and coordination.
- Increase muscle tone.
- Increase mental focus.
- Boost a body's ability to cope with stress.
- Promotes relaxation and sound sleeping.
- Encourages living in the moment.
Provides a fun way to exercise and meet new friends.
For more information about a Tai Chi scholarship, please contact Fiza at 1-800-344-4867 or 314-781-9020.
- Adaptive Tai Chi
- Video: Yoga and Tai Chi for MS - National MS Society
- Does Tai Chi/Qi Gong help patients with Multiple Sclerosis?