To be a successful MS Ambassador, the Chapter wants to ensure you have the resources to do so. The following are resources you can share with friends, family, at engagements, in presentations, etc. From Facebook to wearing the orange National MS Society wristband, there are tons of resources for you to educate, engage, and encourage individuals to Join the Movement to create a world free of MS, including the following:
- Check out the Gateway Area Chapter’s Youtube videos.
- Be our fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn, and invite your friends and connections to do the same.
- Visit the National MS Society Store online to purchase MS wristbands, t-shirts, mugs, and much more!
- Refer potential MS Ambassador volunteers to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you know of any events or opportunities that MS Ambassador volunteers should be at? Tell us where to go next!
- Make Connections online - Participate in discussions, join interest groups, find support, and more!
- Share your story online
- Make your mark online
What are some simple ways to Join the Movement?
There are countless ways to engage other people in the movement to create a world free of MS. Utilize the ideas listed below or come up with your own. Remember to fill out the Tell Us Where You've Been survey after you've represented the Society as an MS Ambassador in any way - large or small!
- Give a window cling to a friend.
- Learn about a new research update and tell someone about it.
- Blog about MS or your involvement with the Gateway Area Chapter.
- Add us to your Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn page.
- E-mail five people about easy ways they can Join the Movement.
- Learn about the Society's research initiative, MS NOW, and how you can become an MS Research Champion.
- Attend a Chapter, pharmaceutical, or research program and learn something new about MS. Check out our Chapter Calendar.
- Host an informational table at your workplace.
- Form a team for Walk MS, Challenge Walk MS, Bike MS and/or MuckFest MS.
- Register and fundraise for Team GO! for MS at the GO! St. Louis Marathon & Family Fitness Weekend.
- Wear National MS Society gear.
- Make an orange treat for your workplace, family, classmates, or friends. Use it as an opportunity to talk about MS.
- Tattoo yourself. Be bold and wear an MS Society temporary tattoo where everyone can see!
- Change your Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn status to “I’m joining the MS movement!”
- Invite a friend to volunteer as an MS Ambassador, a speaker at events and/or programs, or as an office volunteer.
- Ask local businesses to hang a relevant National MS Society poster during MS Awareness Week.
For a more complete list of ideas sorted by the amount of time necessary to complete each task, visit the MS Awareness portion our website.
Do you have other ideas to add to the list? Submit them to email@example.com.