Bike MS participants get a free TrainingPeaks account and a free training plan by Joe Friel, Expert trainer and author.
This 6-week group ride series will be assisted by volunteers from the Greensboro Velo Club to help everyone roll smoothly and have a positive cycling experience. Please note that the distance and pace of the rides will progress in a gentle gradual fashion. Details about this series will be posted soon.
League of American Bicyclists - Riding Tips
The National MS Society has partnered with the LAB to ensure all cyclists riding in Bike MS are educated. Visit their website for even more resources at www.bikeleague.org.
The National MS Society wants you to ride safely. Watch this tutorial to find out how.
Bike MS Rules
Find out what rules you need to follow any time you ride, but especially when at Gears and Cheers
Bicycling Laws of North Carolina
In North Carolina, the bicycle has the legal status of a vehicle. This means that bicyclists have full rights and responsibilities on the roadway and are subject to the regulations governing the operation of a motor vehicle.
Cycling for Minors - Under 18
- Cyclists must be at least 12 years old on or before the day of the ride.
- All riders under 18 must have a notarized waiver
- All must ride with an adult on the route at all times
- Parent/guardian authorization is required on all registration and waiver forms.
- Child trailers are not permitted.