MS happens to families, not just to individuals. When a person is diagnosed with MS, there is immediate impact on all who love them.
The Central North Carolina Chapter offers an extensive variety of programs, services and resources for you and your family. These resources can be accessed in person, online, by phone and by mail. To learn more, contact an MS Navigator at
1-800-344-4867 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Families can count on the National MS Society.
Such support and resources include:
- Financial Assistance Program: Access financial support for the family’s basic needs such as food, shelter and utilities.
- Respite Care Program: Take a break from day-to-day caregiving responsibiliites by using our Respite Care Program.
- Education Programs: Participate in conference call and in-person education programs to learn more about advancements in MS research and other topics related to living with MS.
- Social and Recreational Programs: Engage and connect with other families with similar experiences at our annual Walk MS events and family fun days.
Free Publications: Our quarterly newsletter,
MS Connection, provides information on living with MS, research, upcoming programs and special events. Publications on a wide range of topics including information specifically for kids are also available.
- Lending Library: Borrow a book or DVD from our lending library on topics related to symptom management, rehabilitation, staying well, family support, and long-term care.