The National MS Society has long been a resource for health professionals providing care to people with multiple sclerosis. We are proud to provide the following handouts which may benefit your patients living with MS.
- High-Risk Health Insurance - Information for people in North and South Carolina about state options for high risk health insurance
- Preventive Care Recommendations (pdf) - Prevention is good medicine! People with MS are as susceptible to cancer, heart disease, stroke and other diseases as anyone else. So guard your health with regular check-ups and the screening tests and vaccinations recommended for your age group.
- Wellness and Multiple Sclerosis (pdf) - For a person living with MS, optimizing wellness involves more than treatment of the disease. Equally important are the use of good nutrition, stress management, fitness and cognitive health strategies.
- Mid-Atlantic Chapter Information for People Newly Diagnosed with MS (pdf) - Your local chapter of the National MS Society offers a comprehensive program to help people who have been diagnosed with MS within the last three years. Being diagnosed with a chronic illness presents challenges and life changes that are often unexpected; the National MS Society is here to help people manage the transition and learn to live their best life with MS.
- Mid-Atlantic Chapter Programs and Services for People with MS (pdf) - Your local chapter of the National MS Society is a great resource for people living with MS, offering a wide array of programs and services.