Meet Your New Chapter
After careful consideration, the Mid Atlantic and Eastern North Carolina chapters are joining together to create the Greater Carolinas Chapter of the National MS Society, serving close to 14,000 individuals with MS and their families in 82 counties in North Carolina and all of South Carolina. This realignment of chapter territories is great news for people affected by MS in these areas.
There are three driving goals behind this change:
- To offer more education, support, advocacy and services for people affected by MS
- To raise more money and increase our commitment to MS research
- To improve operating efficiencies so we can spend more time providing the superior programs, services and fundraising events that you have come to expect from us
By joining together, people with MS will benefit from the depth, experience and stability of a larger staff. Programs and services will be supported with expanded resources and funding. Fundraising expertise will be strengthened to generate increased revenue and a better event experience. Administrative and overhead costs will be streamlined so a greater percentage of the money raised in the chapter will directly benefit our mission.
To best serve people with MS, the new chapter will continue to have staff, volunteers and offices in Raleigh, NC, and Charlotte, NC, along with a programs manager and a fundraising events manager focused exclusively on South Carolina. For an updated list of staff, please click here.
Please read our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
About the National Multiple Sclerosis Society
The National MS Society is a collective of passionate individuals who want to do something about MS NOW—to move together toward a world free of multiple sclerosis.
Vision Statement: A world free of MS.
Mission Statement: We mobilize people and resources to drive research for a cure and to address the challenges of everyone affected by MS. Although the collective includes multiple home office and chapter locations, we are one Society united to end MS and help all those impacted by MS continue to move their lives forward. We communicate in one voice our shared values and strategic goals:
- We are moving research forward by relentlessly pursuing prevention, treatment and cure.
- We are moving to reach out and respond to individuals, families and communities living with multiple sclerosis.
- We are moving politicians and legislation to champion the needs of people with MS through activism, advocacy and influence.
- We are moving to mobilize the millions of people who want to do something about MS now.
To accomplish these goals, we are Bold, Relevant, Inclusive, Transparent, and Engaging.