Experience Breakaway to the Beach!
September 22-23, 2012
|General Route Information||Saturday Start / Route Information||Sunday Start / Route Information|
Requirements/ Event Rules
Accommodations - Friday & Saturday
Schedule of Events
|FAQs||Information for Friends & Family|
Bike MS: Breakaway to the Beach is a two-day fundraising bike ride organized by the Greater Carolinas Chapter of the National MS Society. This ride is one of longest standing non-profit events of its kind in the Carolinas with an average of 1,500 cyclists, 400 volunteers and countless supporters and spectators participating each year.
The 2012 ride will once again take you to the beach -- a destination experience with start sites in Monroe, NC and Kershaw, SC, and a fun-filled overnight at Francis Marion University in Florence, SC. Cyclists will ride to the coast, ending at Sunset Beach, NC.
When you register for Breakaway to the Beach, here’s what you have to look forward to:
- Coaching to help you reach your fundraising goals.
- Rest stops every 8-12 miles on the route, stocked with fresh fruit, snacks and refreshing beverages.
- Full lunches both days, dinner on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday.
- Bike mechanics at the start sites and rest stops along the route; group ride training and safety information.
- Smiling volunteers cheering you on and keeping your spirits lifted when the cycling gets tough.
- All the fun you could hope for: enjoy themed rest stops and excitement at the finish line.
Your registration fee (plus $300 fundraising minimum in collected donations) includes a custom event t-shirt, five catered meals, rest stops every 8-12 miles, bike mechanics, medical staff, police support, and much, much more, plus surprises and fun at every turn. This two-day ride caters to cyclists of all ability levels; whether you’re a weekend warrior, a recreational cyclist, or a hard core roadie, Breakaway to the Beach is for you!