By using letters to raise money, you can expand your donor base to people you may not see regularly. It also can take some of the pressure off a direct face-to-face ask. Use these tips when writing your letter:
- Be compelling: Show your passion for our mission. Tell your story...why you ride.
- Provide a description of MS and/or your personal connection to the disease.
- State your fundraising goal.
- Tell them where the money goes.
- If you have participated in the past, consider including pictures.
- Consider a suggested donation amount or donation levels, for example $50 or $100.
- Ask donors to make checks payable to the National MS Society and include your name and “Bike MS: Breakaway” in the memo line.
- Include a self-addressed stamped envelope (with your address, not ours).
- Use our Sample Fundraising Letters for ideas (coming soon).