Click here for our latest email update for important weekend info!
Please note the correction of our text message program number to:
Riders, text GEARS to 68686 to receive critical event updates!
September 7-9, 2012
Union Point Park in New Bern, North Carolina
This historic, waterfront town is the second oldest town in North Carolina and is situated where the Trent and Neuse Rivers meet. There are over 150 historic landmarks including the magnificent Tryon Palace, the birthplace of Pepsi, and a 157,000 acre national forest. You and your family will be sure to enjoy the relaxed, friendly personality of this charming town. For more information about New Bern, please visit www.visitnewbern.com.
From the West - Take HWY 70 E to New Bern. Take exit 417 toward New Bern/Washington and merge onto 70 W BR toward New Bern to cross the Trent River Bridge. Turn left on South Front St. and the Convention Center will be on the left.
From the North - Take I-95 S to Smithfield, NC. From I–95 in Smithfield, take Highway 70 E to New Bern. Then follow the directions above from the west.
From the South - Follow HWY 17 N to New Bern. Upon reaching New Bern city limits, continue to follow 17 N (also MLK Blvd.) to Broad St. At the end of Broad St. turn to the right onto E. Front St. At the stoplight Union Point Park will be on the left. Turn right onto S. Front St., and the New Bern Convention Center will be on the left.
Bike MS is a fundraising event. Each Bike MS cyclist must raise a minimum of $300 by the event to be able to participate in the ride.* Many of our cyclists aim for our Jewelry Boomerang Club level to receive lots of perks and prizes. You too can be a member of this fundraising club by raising $1,000 or more for 2012 Bike MS. Check out our fundraising tips and other fundraising clubs and prizes!
Rider check-in will take place Friday, September 7, 2012 in the Convention Center Ballroom from 3:00 until 9:00 pm. Please turn in your Money Collection Envelope including matching gift forms and all donations collected to date. You will receive your rider number (bib, helmet, and bike), event t-shirt, & cue sheets at check-in. Please note, you will need a current photo ID to check-in. Participants CANNOT pick-up multiple packets and must personally check-in.
Volunteer check-in will be located in the Convention Center hallway during the same time frame. Volunteers will receive their assignments and event t-shirt at check-in. You only need to check-in once.
Be sure to check out our 50/50 raffle table. The drawing will be Saturday during our awards celebration. You do not have to be present to win. All proceeds go to the National MS Society.
New Rider Orientation
Whether you are new to the sport of cycling or just new to Bike MS, we want you to be prepared for your Bike MS experience. So, we are offering New Rider Orientation sessions during Friday night of Bike MS! Our League of American Bicyclists certified instructors will host a brief rundown of safety tips, group riding techniques, event FAQs, and what to expect both on the route and off. Join us every hour on the hour between 5:00 and 8:00 pm in the Convention Center Ballroom. We'll see you there!
What to Bring
- Money collection envelope and all donations
- Identification (drivers license/school ID) - Needed for check-in.
- Bike (with inspection sticker)
- Helmet, cycling shoes, gloves, rain gear
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, insect repellent
- Tire patch kit, spare tubes, and pump
- Emergency cash and credit card
- Two cycling outfits
- Change of clothes for Saturday and Sunday after the ride
- Toiletries and medications
- Alarm clock
- Comfortable shoes
- Camping gear and flashlight
Registration Fee Schedule
$35 - January 1, 2012 - May 31, 2012
$45 - June 1, 2012 - July 31, 2012
$55 - August 1, 2012 - Bike MS weekend
* Bike MS registration fees are subject to change for the 2013 Bike MS event.
** Bike MS registration fess are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Rules & Regulations
- All cyclists must wear a helmet while riding and must obey all traffic and event rules.
- No trailers or carriers are allowed on the route.
- All cyclists are required to submit a waiver to the National MS Society before participating in the event.
- Participants over the age of 18 can accept and submit the waiver during their online registration.
- Participants under the age of 18 are required to submit a signed, notarized waiver before participating in the event.
- Children under 12 years of age are not permitted to participate. If you have special circumstances you must contact the chapter office at 1-800 FIGHT MS before registering.
- All participants under the age of 18 must submit a signed, notarized waiver before participating in the event and be accompanied by an adult at least 21 years old at all times.
- The child to adult ratio must not exceed 3:1.