What is a Bike MS Team?
A Bike MS team is a grouping of four or more individuals who want to create a world free of MS by raising funds through Bike MS. Teams must have at least one captain, a team name, and a fundraising goal. Teams are generally classified as corporate (meaning that they are representing a company or organization) or friends and family. However, we encourage all teams to be inclusive and recruit from many areas. Some of our best Corporate teams consist of company members and their families and friends.
Why You Should Form a Team:
- Teams make the biggest impact on our mission. In 2011, a total of 163 teams raised a total of $1,398,124 which was 83% of our fundraising total of $1,677,423.
- Bike MS is a fun event. The weekend not only features three fully supported and flat routes, it also includes delicious food and drink, live entertainment, and kids’ activities. And, these things are all best when shared with your friends, family, and/or co-workers.
- Teams provide a way for people to come together. Bike MS provides a common goal for team members to rally around.
- Team participation creates great community visibility for a company or organization.
- Perhaps you need a training buddy? A team provides great motivation to reach personal fitness goals while enjoying time with others.
- Teams know how to party! Teams can “set up camp” at the event with a tent, food, and entertainment for all members to enjoy after riding.
How Do I Create a Team?
The team captain should register first by choosing to CREATE a team. When prompted, the team captain enters the team name. When team members subsequently register, they choose to JOIN a team, selecting the team name from the searchable list. Each team member is responsible for registering on the team and individually fundraising.
For additional information or assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-834-0678 or 1-800-FIGHT MS.