What is Team Village?
Team Village is located in the heart of the festivities at Union Point Park and the New Bern Riverfront Convention Center close to the live music, massages, VIP Tent, and unlimited food and beverage. This is a great place for your team to meet after finishing the first day of the ride. Invite your friends, family, and co-workers to your tent for more fun!
Corporate teams can greatly benefit from having a tent in the Team Village by hanging your company’s banners and showing your community support. Friends and Family teams can secure team sponsors by promising them banner space on their team tent.
How it Works
The Historic New Bern Ride hosts two Team Village locations - on the riverfront behind the Convention Center and in Union Point Park. There are different rules for each location, so pay close attention to those in deciding where your team wants to be. Teams may rent tents, tables and chairs through the National MS Society or bring your own if you choose to have your tent at Union Point Park. Your team tent will be waiting for you and your team members at the overnight. The rest is up to you! Teams can bring music, personal massage therapists, decorations and much more to make the experience memorable!
Advantages of Team Village
- Be centrally located – Team Village will be the centerpiece of the 2012 Bike MS: Historic New Bern Ride, so your team will have easy access to all the amenities at the overnight.
- Generate excitement around your team, your supporters, your company and the Bike MS ride.
Provide a leadership role to a team volunteer as the “Tent Captain” who is responsible for:
- Organizing a group of volunteers who will choose the theme and decor
- Planning special perks like great snacks & drinks, comfy chairs, your very own massage therapists and much more!!
- Involve families of team members and co-workers by having them volunteer to operate/organize the tent.
- Allow team sponsors to be present in the tent to hand out their products, coupon or flyers for their business.
- Invite any individual sponsors of your team to come to your tent to experience the excitement of the event and possibly recruit them to your team for the next year!
Building Your Team Village Team
In order to ensure a successful Team Village tent, the first thing you need to do is get some help! A wise person once said, “The less a person is in charge of, the more successful they are.” As a team captain, you are very busy recruiting riders, training, and building your team, so building the tent is a job to be shared with others!
Do you have friends or co-workers that would like to be involved, but don’t ride? Do you ride for someone with MS that would like to be a part of the event? Is there a major donor you would like to have involved in a larger way? The Team Village provides opportunities for all of these and more!
Team Village Alcohol Policy
While a cold beer might be just the thing to top off a great day of riding, please understand that the serving of alcohol in Team Village requires everyone to act responsibly. Please follow these simple but important policies to ensure the safety of all participants and understand your liability as the team host when providing alcohol.
- Post signs that state ‘Proof of age required’
- Have a means to check ID
- Utilize tickets, wristbands, etc. to control the consumption of alcohol
- Be prepared to provide transportation for anyone who may be intoxicated and is traveling offsite.
- Follow all local regulations and laws regarding the distribution of alcohol.
OUR Commitment to you
We commit to establishing a great area for the Team Village and ensuring that our tent vendor follows the orders that were placed. Chapter staff and volunteers will be available throughout the day at the Team Village to answer questions, provide assistance when needed, and help the team volunteers have as good a time as the team riders do.