2012 Annual Meeting and Educational Conference
"Moving Forward Together"
Saturday, October 27, 2012
Held simultaneously in Raleigh, NC; Charlotte, NC; and Columbia, SC
This fall we celebrate the successes from our first year together. We hope that through the educational breakout sessions, keynote presentations, interactions with other participants and contact with community resources, you will use this momentum to become better educated about the disease and cope more positively with the day-to-day challenges it can bring.
The Annual Meeting was held to elect a Board of Trustees, consider the Annual Report and conduct any other chapter business.
- "Adapting to Life with MS: Emotional Challenges and Coping Strategies" by speaker Lani Seltzer, LCSW, Private Practice Mental Health Practitioner
- "Falls Prevention in MS" by speakers April Fay, DPT, UNC Health Systems and Cari Eicher, DPT
- "Health Insurance Smart NC" by speaker Charles Washington, NC Dept. of Insurance
- "Caring for the Caregiver" by speaker Louise Frumkin, LCSW
- Doorway to Pelvic Health: "Bladder Fitness" by speaker Krystina Todd, PT
- Doorway to Pelvic Health: "Dietary Irritants" by speaker Krystina Todd, PT
- Keynote Presentation, "Moving Forward Together" by speaker Erik Borresen, MD
- "Befriending MS: How to Live Well Now" by speaker Paige Greason, PhD, LPC
- "What's new in MS Research" by speaker Davit Mrelashvili, MD., USC School of Medicine
Click here to see photos from the conferences.