Caring for someone with a chronic illness like multiple sclerosis can be deeply satisfying. Partners, family and friends can be drawn more closely together when they meet the challenges. Providing care can also be physically and emotionally exhausting, especially for the person who is the primary care partner. The Greater Carolinas Chapter is proud to provide support for families and care partners.
The National MS Society also provides a host of resources from brochures to books on advice for hiring home health aides and caregiver related research. Find out more here.
Programs and Services for the Care Partner
- November, National Carepartner Month
- Respite Care Program
- Self Help Groups
- CARE, an eMagazine for people who care about someone living with MS
- Live Fully, Live Well with MS video series, a comprehensive wellness program for people living with MS and their support partners covering topics affecting the whole family living with MS in order to strengthen relationships, increase understanding and promote improved health and quality of life for both the person with MS and their support partner.
- Can Do MS is national nonprofit organization that provides innovative lifestyle empowerment programs for people living with MS and their support partners.
Additional Programs and Services
- Financial Assistance
- Programs for Kids and Teens
- Equipment Loans. Call 1-800- FIGHT MS.
- Veteran's Resources
- National MS Society Scholarship Program
For all Programs and Services offered, click here.
Books available through the chapter’s Lending Library
Care Partner Interviews
Meet Elsie and her care partner, Art.
Meet Blanche and her care partner, Larry.