- AbleData provides objective information on assistive technology and rehabilitation equipment available from domestic and international sources.
- Infinitec helps people with disabilities find and get access to information, technology services, traning, assistive equipment and specialists by creating partnerships that maximize resources.
- MS Technology Connector Program- The chapter is participating in a collaborative pilot project with partners, Microsoft, Bayer Healthcare and the National MS Society. The project links trained volunteers, known as MS Connectors, to people with MS who have questions or need to be directed to assistive technology. The purpose is to share information about the types of technology that can be valuable to people with MS based on their MS-related challenges. These MS Connectors can talk with you by phone about your needs and refer you to appropriate technology resources. For more information, please e-mail Kaye Gooch.
NC Assistive Technology Project: The North Carolina Assistive Technology Program (NCATP) is a state and federally funded program that provides assistive technology services statewide to people of all ages and abilities.
Driving and Adaptive Vehicles
The symptoms of MS can vary from weakness, sensory loss, poor balance and/or fatigue. If any of the above symptoms limit your independence, then power mobility may be right for you. A seating evaluation can be helpful to determine the correct power mobility device.
- Is power mobility right for you?
- Wheelchaironsales.com provides fact sheets, product descriptions, and links to wheelchair sites.