I'm an MS Activist
See photos from the Triangle Walk MS "I'm an MS Activist" photo booth here.
Be a digital MS activist here!
Join the movement. Create change. Be an MS activist.
We are activists. Many are individuals who live with MS. Some are friends and family members. Many others are individuals who simply recognize their passion and ability to move us closer to a world free of MS. You can take action now.
I only have a few minutes…
- Take action on a hot federal issue, state issue or community issue.
- Visit the MS activist blog and the NC ActivisMS blog and leave a comment.
- Contact your elected official about a MS issue.
- Ask your friends, family, and colleagues to join the movement.
- Read our National Health Care Reform Principles.
- Register to vote.
I have some spare time…
- Post MS issues on your own web site, blog, or viral space. Feel free to link back to our MS activist blog and NC ActivisMS blog, NC Twitter, SC Twitter or Facebook page.
- Research legislation online.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper. Tell your story and ask for change on one issue.
I can make a commitment…
- Become an advocacy volunteer. Check out local opportunities.
- Visit your state or federal legislators in their local office.
- Talk to the chapter about becoming a spokesperson and sharing your personal story with others.
- Help us recruit more MS activists at the next BikeMS or WalkMS event.
- Become a subject matter expert and serve on a local task force.
- Organize an event to meet other MS activists in your community.
- Contact the chapter to learn about other opportunities.