Feb 25, 2013
March is coming and we have something fun planned. It’s time for the Amazing MS Awareness Race!
In an effort to raise as much awareness of MS as possible we invite you to play a fun game during the month of March: The Amazing MS Awareness Race. Not only will you have loads of fun, but you will help us raise awareness of critical issues, help to raise funds and help to garner more community support for the 2.1 million people worldwide and the more than 13,000 people in NJ living with MS.
The winner will receive a “traveling trophy” (like the Stanley cup, but not that big). We will put a photo montage of the winner in an upcoming issue of MS Connection and you obviously have bragging rights until next year’s race!
- You can work as a team or as an individual. (If you are working as a team, please let us know e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org).
- This is a social media driven race. You must share you photos, videos, letters and results with us on FB/Twitter and You Tube, however, if you are not on social media, you can email us at (email@example.com).
- We will share everything you send us on social media, which is how we will keep track of your results.
- For any challenge where you either need to check in at an event or add members to teams, please note that you are participating in our game with the MS staff person you are working with and they will record your points.
- Do nothing illegal and don’t get arrested!
- Maintain a sense of humor!
- HAVE FUN!!!
Question of the Day
- There will be a daily question via Facebook. You will need to reply to that question and correct answers will receive 1 point.
- Create a video about how MS has touched your life (you do not have to have it yourself) and share it on social media. 5 points
- Post MS signs and banners in a high traffic area. (Downloads are available on our website, you can create your own or stop by either office). 2 points for every location
- Get others to “Join the Movement” and wear orange! Have staff from a store wear orange one day and have your photo taken with them. 10 points
- Share you MS story with your local newspaper (print or online) and share the published story on social media. 20 points
- Write a letter to the editor of a local paper on how you are helping to create a world free of MS or about MS awareness. 10 points
- Arrange a radio interview to talk about MS during the month of March. 20 points
- Arrange for a TV story on MS to run in the month of March. 20 points
- Share photos of you and your family and friends with MS branded clothing or supporting our mission. (1 point for every photo that you must share with us).
- Update your social media status with how you are supporting the mission. Share it with us and every update will earn 1 point.
- Change your profile picture to something MS related. Be sure to share it with us. (Logos can be found on our website). 1 point
- Convince a salon to commit to doing orange hair extensions during MS Awareness Month where a portion of their proceeds will be given back to the NJ Metro Chapter. 15 points
- Run your own awareness event during March and share you pictures. 5 points
- Show your enthusiasm for the MS Society. Stand on a busy corner or in front of town hall, ring those cowbells and hold up your signs for 30 seconds! Video it and share with us. Video is a must! 10 points Get someone to join in on the fun- Extra 10 points
- Arrange for a “go orange day” at your local school/business or government office where all wear orange. 5 points - 10 points if they donate money to wear orange and - 20 points for any picture printed in the local paper.
- Arrange a Dine Out event or shopping event with proceeds to be donated to the NMSS during the month of March. 10 points
- Talk to a local business about supporting one of our fundraising events. Send us contact information about businesses that are interested in sponsorship, product donations, etc. 1 point for each business card
- Register 5 new members to your team in the month of March. 5 points. Every member after that earns 2 points per person.
- Add $50 to your total money raised in March. 10 points and 2 points for every $25 after the initial 50
- Form a new Walk MS, Bike MS or MuckFest MS team in the month of March. 5 points
- Ask local businesses to put up posters and brochures for our events. 2 points per business
- Recruit volunteers for one of our fundraising events. 1 point for every volunteer recruited.
- Fill out a volunteer form online at http://njmmain.nationalmssociety.org/site/Survey?SURVEY_ID=15461&ACTION_REQUIRED=URI_ACTION_USER_REQUESTS 2 points
- Start a volunteer team contact Katelyn.DeGennaro@nmss.org 5 points.
- Volunteer at the chapter office. 1 point for every day he/she works.
- Join us at any of our scheduled events in March. (Be sure to put this in your status and take pictures while you are there and share). 1 point per event
- Sign up to volunteer at a chapter program. 1 point
- Have your company commit to an in-service day where MS staff can come out and talk to them about ways to get involved. 5 points
- Have a local civic group arrange for MS staff to come out to talk to them about ways to get involved. 5 points
- Write a letter to your local legislator about issues that affect those living with MS and how they can help. (Share the letter with us). 5 points
- Write a letter to the Governor to congratulate him on being named NMSS Governor of the Year and to thank him for his support. (Share the letter with us). 5 points
- Become involved with advocacy; contact firstname.lastname@example.org. 2 points
- Talk to your local legislators about hosting a town hall meeting. 10 points
- Have your town make a proclamation for MS Awareness Week or Day. 10 points