Financial and Equipment Assistance
Living with a chronic illness can be very expensive. People often find they are unable to obtain needed items that can enhance their quality of life and help them achieve their highest level of independence.
The chapter offers a financial assistance program to assist people with MS who are in financial need. This helps to get them through a financial crisis or obtain durable medical equipment, home and care modifications, and other devices. Examples include:
- Equipment Loan Closet - For people with MS to borrow, free of charge, equipment that they need for a short period of time.
- Equipment Assistance - Provides a stipend towards the purchase of a piece of durable medical equipment such as a wheechair, scooter, etc.
- Financial Assistance Program - Provides financial assistance to clients in one-time crisis situations, to cover expenses such as utility bills with a shut off notice and other items on a case by case basis.
- Home and Car Modifications - Provides financial assistance to help pay for home and car modifications.
- Home Health Care - provides home health aide hours for personal care such as bathing, getting dressed, etc.
- Client-to-Client Resources
For more information about financial and equipment assistance, please contact the Chapter at 800-344-4867 or email@example.com.