Every year, hundreds of event participants and people living with MS come together to walk, ride, and fundraise toward a world free of MS. Champions Against MS strives to connect people living with MS and event participants to foster education, gratitude, and most importantly, hope.
Riding Together for a World Free of MS
The Champions Against MS program connects people living with MS and participants from Bike MS. As a Champion, you are encouraged to connect before, during and after the event. At the Bike MS ride, your cyclist(s) or team will wear a bandana signed by you, their Champion. As a person living with MS and a Champion, you are adding depth to an event participant’s experience by increasing awareness of our mission and serving as a critical part in the fight against MS.
Volunteer to become a Champion Against MS
To become a Champion, you must be:
- A person living with multiple sclerosis.
- Willing to share your personal experiences with a Bike MS cyclist who rides in your honor for one of our three Bike MS events.
- Willing to share your contact information (either address, phone number, or email) so that your cyclist(s) may contact you.
Join the Champions Against MS program and be connected to the potential, the hope, and the momentum of this powerful movement. Contact Emily Borsetti at (732)-660-1005 or email@example.com to become involved.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Champion? A Champion is a person living with MS who is paired with a Bike MS participant, whom they have never met.
What is the purpose of the program? Bike MS Champions brings together those living with MS and those who have made the commitment to ride and fundraise, but do not know someone with MS. Champions provide an additional inspirational mission connection to those who have joined the movement.
What does a Champion do? Champions are paired with Bike MS participants and receive a packet of information that includes their bandana. The Champion signs the bandana and writes a personal message to send to their matched participant. Champions are encouraged to connect with their Bike MS participant before, during, and after the event.
What if someone is already riding in my honor (or, what if I already ride in honor of someone)? We still encourage you to participate in the Bike MS Champions program, but make sure to let the program coordinator know this connection already exists and that you do not need to be matched with a Champion.
How do I register to participate in the Bike MS Champions program? Contact Emily Borsetti (732)-660-1005 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are some of the ways Champions and Bike MS participants can connect?
- Write an encouraging note and share your personal story.
- Arrange a time and place to meet at the event.
- Take pictures and share them with each other.
- Work together to reach fundraising goals. Champions can register to be a part of the participant’s fundraising team.
- After the event, send a thank you note. Describe how your connection has given you hoped or inspired you in the movement toward a world free of MS.
- Pair up for the next event and stay in touch for years to come.
- Spread the word and share your Champions Against MS story with the New Jersey Metro Chapter.
Where can I get more information about the Bike MS Champions program? If you have additional questions, please contact Emily Borsetti (732)-660-1005 or email@example.com.