Many companies have designed cooling garments & other types of equipment to help you stay cool, including vests, wristbands, neck/ankle wraps, hats/caps and shirts. To select the appropriate cooling equipment for your individual needs, we encourage you to consider the following:
- What is the total cooling time of the garment?
- What is the cooling garment made of? What is the garment’s weight?
- As the garments utilize different types of cooling mechanisms (e.g., ice packs, evaporative cooling, phase-change), which would work best in your climate?
- Is the garment designed to fit under or over regular clothing?
- Will you need to purchase extra cool packs to maximize the use of the garment?
- Will your health insurer cover this item? (If needed, the insurance billing code for cooling products is “E-1399: Durable Medical Equipment – Miscellaneous”. If your health insurer denies your request, contact us for a cooling equipment appeal letter, or view a sample in the National Vendor List below.
Click here to see the National Vendor List for Cooling Equipment.