Do you want to talk to someone who knows first hand what it is like to live with MS?
The New York City- Southern New York Chapter of the National MS Society connects you to volunteers living
with MS and offers a one-on-one, one-hour phone session. Chapter peer counseling volunteers complete a training
program and screening process and are focused on the needs of those who call for support.
These sessions are available to those who are:
- newly diagnosed
- diagnosed for several years, but coping with new symptoms
- hospitalized for the first time for steroid treatments,
- exacerbations, or diagnostic work-up, etc.
- considering using a wheelchair or scooter
- pregnant or experiencing a post partum exacerbation
- coping with being homebound
- experiencing a range of other issues related
- to living with MS
The National MS Society’s connection programs – which include our support groups, self-help groups, individual
and crisis counseling sessions-- are based on the belief that positive personal change happens through individual
efforts with the support of others.
To get connected, call Moyra Rondon at 212-453-3237 or firstname.lastname@example.org.