THERAPEUTIC RIDING in PUTNAM COUNTY
The National MS Society’s New York City – Southern New York Chapter, is pleased to present a day of Therapeutic Horseback Riding in a beautiful country setting located in Cold Spring, NY.
Riding is a unique and excellent form of exercise for those living with MS. The rhythmic movement of the horse can help manage MS related symptoms such as:
* Spastic muscles * Balance & coordination * Decreased body strength * Fatigue
Friday May 3, 2013
12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p. m.
Therapeutic Equestrian Center (TEC)
81 Stonecrop Lane, Cold Spring NY 10516
From the Taconic State Parkway take the exit for Route 301 West towards Fahnestock Park. Travel West, on Route 301 for 4 miles, then turn right at the sign for Stonecrop Gardens, and follow the signs to TEC.
Things You Should Know
• Registration is required. Upon receipt of registration you will be sent the necessary assessment forms.
• Medical permission from a physician is required along with a Waiver of Release.
• Deadline registration date is April 19th
• You will NOT be able to ride without your completed forms on file by the deadline.
• Dress weather appropriate. Wear closed shoes.
• If you need individual attention please bring someone to assist you or your personal care assistant.
• TEC is a Certified Therapeutic riding facility.
To register call 1-800-344-4867, option 1 or click here.
For questions email Carol Giordano at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 914.694.1659.
"I completed my 4th lesson with Alison at Happels Barn. It was an awesome experience. I learned so much and improved dramatically over the 4 weeks. I can't wait to begin again in the Fall."
Arms out, count to 10.
Breathing deep to relax.