Advocacy involves efforts to influence the public and private sector that benefit and provide results for people living with multiple sclerosis and their families. We focus on a variety of topics including issues pertaining to people with chronic illnesses or disabilities, access to health care and quality health insurance, prescription drug coverage, discrimination, housing, transportation, and accessibility.
Join the movement! Even one voice can make an impact on the New York City - Southern New York Chapter’s advocacy efforts to do something about MS NOW!
The following are five ways you can become more active in advocacy issues:
- Call the New York City - Southern New York Chapter about an issue important to you
- Attend New York City - Southern New York Chapter government relations committee meetings
- Receive our MS Action Network emails
- Make phone calls, make visits and write letters to your local politicians and representatives
- Attend the New York City - Southern New York Chapter’s annual public policy conference in Albany, New York.
Interested? Contact Gene Veigl at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.