lo·ca·vore [loh-kuh-vawr, ‐vohr]
a person who makes an effort to eat food that is grown, raised, or produced locally, usually within 100 miles of home.
Tickets are still available for our 4th annual tasting and pairing event, Locavore, tonight at Windows on the River! Your senses will be indulged as you sample decadent chocolates and pastries, and delicious hors d’oeuvres from local Cleveland vendors all paired with some of Ohio's finest wines made from Ohio-grown grapes.
Event attendees will be able to browse fabulous raffle and silent auction packages and purchase tickets for those liked best. There will also be a Blind Wine Pull which promises to be full of surprises and fun!
Friday, September 27, 2013
5:30 p.m. for Patron Ticket holders - 6:00 p.m. for Event Ticket holders
Windows on the River, Bridge View Room on 3rd Floor
2000 Sycamore Street, Cleveland, OH 44113
- Parking will be free. Please just tell them you are with the National MS Society’s Locavore event when you come through.
- Dress for the event is “Evening Casual”
- You won’t be receiving a physical ticket for the event, but we do ask that you check in when you arrive.
- There will be a cash bar available, in addition to all of our fabulous wine!
- We will feature a Blind Wine Pull and if you buy a ticket for this raffle you are guaranteed to leave with a bottle of wine!
- Don’t forget to bring some extra cash for the raffle and silent auction. Of course, we do take credit cards as well!
- The band Replay will be there for your entertainment this year. So make sure you bring your dancing shoes!
- Some of the vendors who are donating to the event so far are Lilly Handmade Chocolates, Momocho, Mitchell’s Homemade Ice Cream, Cork & Cleaver Social Kitchen, AMP 150, Jammy Buggars, and Moxie the Restaurant and Red the Steakhouse. Also on hand will be Maize Valley Winery, Valley Vineyards, Barrel Run Crossing Winery, and Ferrante Winery.
You can still purchase tickets at the event tonight!
Event Ticket: $70/person at the door
- Event Tickets will get you into the event where you’ll enjoy all food and drinks provided (cash bar also available)
Patron Ticket: $90/person at the door
- Patron Tickets will get you into the event where you’ll enjoy all food and drinks provided (cash bar also available)
- PLUS you will have entrance into an exclusive wine tasting with wine expert prior to the start of the event. The expert will explore the nuances of each wine available at the event and discuss the Ohio Quality Wine program.
Ohio Quality Wine
Ohio has a long and proud agricultural history, and the wine industry is a significant part of it. Since the 1830s, vineyards have thrived from the Ohio River Valley to the Lake Erie islands. Ohio’s rich winemaking history began in the 1850s and continues today being home to more than 160 wineries. Ohio winemakers and Ohio consumers have discovered the unique influence Ohio's soils and climate have on the creation of fine wines. Ohio wines are considered to be some of the best in the world, offering both novice and experienced wine enthusiasts something sure to please their palates.
Individual of Inspiration
During Locavore we will present the Individual of Inspiration Award to Susie Zimmer who possesses the ability to inspire and motivate others, is dedicated to the MS cause, and has compassion for and the understanding of others. Susie is also involved and has a strong influence in the community, shows strength in trying times, and serves as an inspiration to others. This is an award ceremony you won’t want to miss!