Join the movement. Create change. Be an MS activist.
You can take action now. Sign up at www.nationalMSsociety.org/MSactivist. Receive updates on health care reform, policy priorities, and solutions to MS issues. Encourage others to get involved too.
We are activists. Many are individuals who live with MS. Some are friends and family members. Many others are individuals who simply recognize their passion and ability to move us closer to a world free of MS.
Change happens through MS activism.
HOW CAN I BE AN MS ACTIVIST?
I only have a few minutes…
• Take action on a hot federal issue.
• Visit the MS activist blog.
• Share your story. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Send an email to your elected official.
• Ask your friends, family, and colleagues to get involved.
• Call your elected official about an MS issue.
• Read our National Health Care Reform Principles.
• Register to vote.
I have some spare time…
• Read about other MS activists and our success stories.
• Post MS issues on your own web site, blog, or viral space. Link back to ours.
• Learn about your elected officials and their voting records on health care issues.
• Research state legislation online.
• Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper. Tell your story and ask for change on one issue.
• Call a talk radio show and ask for change on one issue.
I can make a commitment…
• Become an advocacy volunteer.
• Visit your state or federal legislators in their local office.
• Talk to the chapter about becoming a spokesperson and sharing your personal story with others.
• Join our chapter MS activism committee.
• Help us recruit more MS activists at the next BikeMS or WalkMS event.
• Visit a self-help group or other program to talk about the power of advocacy. View a list of self-help groups.
• Become a subject matter expert and serve on a local task force.
• Organize an event to meet other MS activists in your community.
• Contact the chapter to learn more about these and other opportunities. Email us at email@example.com.