Move it to end MS during Awareness Week: March 8 – 14, 2010
Move it is about volunteering, walking, cycling, advocating, educating, raising awareness, and showing that every unique mark builds the MS movement. It’s about encouraging people to support the National MS Society and motivating people to do something about MS now.
Move it by visiting the National MS Society’s MS Awareness Week page.
Here, you’ll be able to make your mark against MS:
• Find digital downloads for your social media pages
• Download a letter to send to your local paper
• Become an activist
• Share your MS story
In Oregon and SW Washington:
• Form a Walk MS or Bike MS team. If you already have a team, use MS Awareness Week to kick-off or boost your fundraising and recruitment efforts.
• Plan an Awareness event. If you and your network are interested in planning a community MS Awareness event, we can help with ideas! Maybe you’d like to stage a Freeze Stunt, or a rally outside your city hall or local news station?
• Chat about MS. Post messages in online forums, blogs, Facebook, etc., announcing MS Awareness Week and encouraging others to Move it too.
We’re making plans for MS Awareness Week! To learn about the Oregon Chapter’s 2010 efforts, contact Michelle Tashima at 503-445-8346.