HomeABLE (TM) is designed to keep you safe and independent in your home. HomeABLE (TM) provides grants for modifications to make your home accessible. If you'd like to take advantage of this service, please call 1-800-FIGHT-MS.
HomeABLE (TM) will consider the following:
- Outdoor ramps/elevators
- Doorway widening
- Bathroom modifications
HomeABLE (TM) will NOT fund:
- General remodeling
- Hoyer lifts and other DME equipment
- Home repairs
To be eligible you must:
- Have a diagnosis of multiple sclerosis
- Own or rent your home
- Not have started work on the project
- Have a reasonable plan to pay the remaining cost of modifications
- Complete HomeABLE application (.doc) and paperwork
- Use one of the chapter's approved contractors
In order to receive funding for a home modification the chapter requires a home safety evaluation. This costs associated with the home safety evaluation will be included in your grant amount and is provided free of charge to chapter members.
A HomeABLE Application and waivers must be completed and submitted to the chapter before being considered for assistance. Grants are awarded on a first come first serve basis as funding is limited.