To be eligible for a Pennsylvania National MS Society specialty license plate, you must be the registered owner of the vehicle you list on your application and you must have a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
NOTE: Drivers may not have both a disability license plate and a National MS Society specialty license plate. If you have a disability license plate already, ordering a specialty license will invalidate it.
1. Completely fill out Section A of the PENNDOT application form. The data requested can be found on your current vehicle registration card.
NOTE: Carefully read the section entitled “General Information Regarding a Specialty Plate” (below Section D) to ensure that PennDOT will process your application once it is sent in by the Society. The Society is not responsible for providing any additional forms you may need to submit in order to receive a specialty license plate – these are your responsibility as a driver.
2. If you wish to receive extra registration cards, indicate that in Section A and be sure to include an additional $1.50 in your check for each extra card.
3. Sign and date in Section D.
4. Enclose ONE check or money order in the amount of $50 (plus $1.50 additional for each extra registration card you wish to receive) made payable to National MS Society.
Your chapter will receive $30 from the purchase of each specialty plate. Please write your chapter name (Central PA, Greater Delaware Valley or Western PA) in the memo portion of the check so that we can direct your donation to the appropriate chapter. We will also accept in-person payments in cash or credit card payments over the phone (1-800-548-4611).
5. Mail these materials to:
National MS Society
Attention: Specialty License Plates
30 S. 17th St., #800
Philadelphia, PA 19103
DO NOT mail the completed form to PENNDOT – it must be signed and submitted by a National MS Society representative! Contact Florence McLeary at 1-800-548-4611 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
6. The Greater Delaware Valley Chapter will place all orders with the state on a monthly basis. It then takes PennDOT four to six weeks to produce your new plates, so you can expect your plate in eight to 10 weeks. We appreciate your patience with the application process. Plates will be sent directly to your home from PennDOT.
7. After you have received your new plate, you must send your old plate back to PennDOT at this address:
Department of Transportation
Bureau of Motor Vehicles
Return Tag Unit
P.O. Box 68597
Harrisburg, PA 17106-8597
Thank you for joining the movement to create a world free of MS.