The health insurance volunteer will assist in the management of the Health Insurance Initiative Project (HIIP). The volunteer will oversee the creation and management of the HIIP Web site, assist clients with their health insurance appeals and research and write policy papers on health insurance-related issues.
- Insure information on HIIP website is accurate and up to date
- Develop client education materials on health insurance appeals
- Assist clients in health insurance appeals
- Research and write policy papers on health insurance related legislation
Training will be provided by chapter staff. Training opportunities in the community and online also will be available.
- Training and orientation – approximately 1-2 months (depending on your background, experience and availability to participate in training)
- Some work can be done from home but it is preferred that the individual be able to come into the office from time to time.
- Generally knowledgeable about health insurance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills