Licensed, professional counselors will provide pro bono services to a client with multiple sclerosis. Depression and emotional issues are a significant unmet need of our population. Many clients cannot afford ongoing counseling. This volunteer role will provide access to emotional support that is critical.
- Provide counseling support to an individual or family in need
- Communicate any needs/issues of clients back to chapter staff (as appropriate depending on confidentiality guidelines)
- Agree to receive ongoing professional education and training on multiple sclerosis
Training and professional development opportunities on multiple sclerosis will be provided by chapter.
One client ongoing for as long as the client needs
- Licensed counselor with professional credentials
- Has malpractice insurance