The Western Pennsylvania Chapter would like to thank everyone who atteneded the 2012 Annual Meeting and Health Fair
Saturday, November 17, 2012
Pittsburgh North Marriott
100 Cranberry Woods Drive Cranberry Township, Pa 16066
GUEST SPEAKER: Erica Grazioli, D.O., Northshore Neurosciences
Dr. Erica Grazioli specializes in neurology in Erie, PA, where she is Chief of the Division of Neurology at the UPMC Hamot Medical Center and Director of the UPMC Hamot Northshore Neurosciences Multiple Sclerosis Center. She received her medical degree from Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine and completed fellowship training in multiple Sclerosis at the Jacobs Neurological Institute in Buffalo, NY. Dr. Grazioli has staff privileges at UPMC Hamot Medical Center, Millcreek Community Hospital, VA Medical Center, and HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital in Erie. She is a faculty member of UPMC Hamot Neurology Residency. She has Board Certifications in Neurology and Sleep Medicine with the American College of Osteopathic Neurologists and Psychiatrists. She is a member of the NMSS’s Clinical Advisory Committee.
Schedule of Events: Health Fair with Vendor Displays
Registration Begins at 10 am (10 am to 11:30 am)
Last year’s Vendor Area was a huge success!
This year will include:
- Vendor Displays: a variety of Community agencies, equipment companies and more.
- Round Table Education Sessions: Brief educational sessions will be held that are related to the management of MS. Opportunity to interact with a variety of healthcare professionals.
- Ask the Health Care Provider: ask a question to Health Care Providers. Providers will inlcude: Physical Therapist, Nurses, Neurologists, Attorneys and Physician Assistants.
- National MS Society tables: Programs, Services, and Adovcacy, Special Events: Bike MS and Walk MS DIY Fundraising
11:30 am - 2:00 pm: Sit down luncheon
- Keynote Speaker, Dr. Erica Grazioli
- Q&A with Dr. Rock Heyman & Dr. Tom Scott
Holiday Gift Program ~ Please bring a gift!
Each year the NMSS coordinates this program to provide gifts to people living with MS who reside in long term care facilities. Knowing that nursing homes and personal care homes can sometimes be lonely places, we strive to put smiles on the faces of these individuals and let them know that the National MS Society is thinking of them.
Our goal is to match each person with MS living in a facility with a gift donor. Last year, we provided gifts to 200 individuals. This year, we hope to increase the number of people who are adopted - so we are asking for your help!
Suggested items that can be used to fulfill wishes such as: Sweatshirts (All sizes Men & Women, any design & Color), Decorative Throw Blankets (not necessarily seasonal), Steeler Items such as T-Shirts and Sweatshirts all sizes, Packages of socks, Bottles of Lotion. We need items for both Men & Women. All items must be new and unused!
We would like to challenge you to make a commitment to this great program and to directly impact a person’s life this holiday season!