Employment Teleconference Series:
January through March
We are pleased to present a series of teleconferences on a variety of topics regarding Employment and MS. The series is made up of six teleconferences held every other Thursday from January through March.
What is a Teleconference?
A teleconference is an opportunity to learn new information from the comfort of home by calling into a designated number to hear an interactive presentation.
Topics and Dates:
- January 16 - Should I Work from Home or Start My Own Business?
- January 30 - Is it Time? Deciding to Change Careers or Stop Working
- February 13 - Deciding How to Plan Your Job Search. Employers Share How They Find Employees
- February 27 - Should I Work? Work from Home Options for People on Social Security Disability
- March 13 - The Impact of Health Insurance on Career Decisions
The six-week Job Readiness Program, to help those who are currently seeking employment and those who have a job but could benefit from skills training.
- September 4: Maximize Your Potential: Know Your Skill Set
- September 11: Resume Development
- September 18: Networking: How to Build Connections
- September 25: Interviewing Tips
- October 2: Symptom Management
- October 9: Legal Rights
2012 Employment Teleconference Series Topics:
- A 21st Century Approach to Job Searching: Webinar
- Get Informed: Legal Protections in the Workplace
- Managing Challenging Resumes
- Reinvent Yourself
- Home-Based Employment: What Employers Want
- Don't Do It Alone: Employment Resources
2011 Employment Teleconference SeriesTopics:
- How to Apply for Jobs in the Federal Government
- Social Security Disability Eligibility and Application Process
- Social Security Disability and Returning to Work
- Part-Time Jobs with Flexibility
- Practical Tips for Managing Challenging MS Symptoms on the Job
- MS, Wellness, and Work