MS Awareness Week, March 11-17, 2013
During MS Awareness Week people all over the nation will come together to share, educate and build awareness.
MS is a destroyer of connections -- it disrupts signals, separates minds from bodies and pulls us away from each other. It’s only fitting that connection is its greatest enemy.
What if we were able to connect everyone who has MS with those who treat and research the disease? What if everyone affected by or interested in MS would stand together and work as a team to overcome this disease?
- Register to walk or volunteer at Walk MS at walkMS.org and invite three friends or family members to participate with you
- Join us at one of the three Bike MS Events in the Western Pennsylvania Chapter
- Call 412.261.6347 to talk about how you can contribute your professional and personal skills and expertise to help the Western Pennsylvania Chapter better serve local people living with MS
Join the Movement: View the Western PA Chapter Events
Join the MS Online Community
As part of our commitment to connect with the MS community how, where and when they want to connect, and to increase opportunities for people to come together in a secure online environment to learn, share, meet and move their lives forward, the Society is launching an online community on March 12, 2012 - visit MSconnection.org and join the conversation!
Local Woman Reaches Out to Ellen:
Do it Yourself Events During MS Awareness Week
Get involved by attending an event near you or hosting an event of your own. Consider holding fundraisers and awareness events in your community during MS Awareness Week and the entire month of March. To learn more about hosting your own event, please contact Susan by calling 412-261-6347 or email her at email@example.com.
Fun Ways to Raise Awareness:
- Organize a “Wear Orange” day at your work or school
- Bring an Orangetreat to work or school and post a sign with MS Facts
- Conduct a Facebook campaign asking your friends to dedicate their status or profile picture to the cause
- Plan on sending out “orange” emails and include an MS Awareness Week tagline
- Enter our photo contest: post photos to our facebook page! Show us what “MS=” means to you, or post the best photo showing how you raise awareness. Winners will receive special MS Goody Baskets
- Decorate a local statue or landmark with orange - and post a picture on our Facebook page
- Put up chapter fundraising event posters. Call us for copies, and post at your favorite coffee shop, community center, gym, library, etc!
We kicked-off to MSAW with a proclamation event with county exec Rich Fitzgerald