Local Research Opportunities:
Do you smoke and have multiple sclerosis? Do you want to quit smoking?
The Miriam Hospital is looking for male and female smokers with multiple sclerosis to participate in a new, exciting research program.
Strength to Quit is a 8-week smoking cessation program based on clinical research using proven strategies such as changing your habits, stress management, and the nicotine patch.
Eligible participants will be:
*Male and female smokers with Multiple Sclerosis
*Between the ages of 18-65
*Not regular exercisers
Receive complimentary nicotine patches and financial compensation for being part of this study.
Interested? Call: 401-793-8228 or email: email@example.com
Be Part of a New Video for Smokers with Mobility Limitations!
ABLE Program Quit Smoking Documentary
Researchers at The Miriam Hospital need current smokers and ex-smokers to be featured in a video that helps people quit smoking. If you smoke cigarettes and use a cane, braces, wheelchair or other devices to help you get around, you may qualify. You will be compensated for your time! For more information or to find out whether you are eligible, please call The ABLE Project at 401-793-8168 or email us at ABLE@lifespan.org.
This is a limited opportunity - call today! That's 401-793-8168!
Post Traumatic Growth and Perceived Social Support Among Individuals Diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis
Researchers from Palo Alto University are conducting a study to learn about the impact of having MS. The investigators are Wendy Packman, JD, PhD and Dylan Schwartz, MS.
1. Learn about the psychosocial impact of having multiple sclerosis
2. Learn about social support and about, the availability of resources for adults with MS and which resources are most useful
Who can participate?
Adult’s ages 18 and older diagnosed with multiple sclerosis
What to expect:
1. If you choose to participate, you will be asked to complete a demographic-background questionnaire and a series of surveys looking at your quality of life, psychosocial adjustment, emotional growth and social support
2. You have the option of completing the questionnaires online or we will mail copies to you. Your responses will be kept completely confidential.
3. Participation in the study will take a total of one hour.
4. A dollar will be donated to The National Multiple Sclerosis Society foundation for every participant that completes the study. In addition, upon completion of the study, you will have the opportunity to participate in a raffle to win one of four $50 gift cards, which will be awarded to 4 randomly selected participants.
If you are interested in participating in this study please send an email to: MultipleSclerosisresearch@gmail.com or call 650-585-4514