How to raise $500 in seven days:
Day 1: Sponsor yourself for $20
Day 2: Ask five family members to sponsor you for $25 each.
Day 3: Ask four friends to contribute $20 each.
Day 4: Ask five co-workers to donate $15 each.
Day 5: Ask five neighbors to contribute $10 each.
Day 6: Ask your boss for a company donation of $50.
Day 7: Ask four businesses you frequent for a donation of $25.
Here are a few fundraising ideas to get you started
- Have a garage sell! Make some space in your garage for your bike and host a garage sale. Don’t be afraid to ask neighbors if they have anything to contribute for a good cause.
- Workplace Piggy Bank: Place it in a strategic position with a poster explaining that all the contributions will go towards your fundraising efforts.
- Casual Days, Prime Parking or Days Off: Ask management if you can sell reserved parking spots, a day off or a casual day to other employees. Some people will pay $5 just to wear jeans on Friday!
- Have a party! There are many types of parties you can host:
- Summer BBQ party: This is a great way to kick-off summer with your family and friends. Make it a potluck and charge your guests a small fee to attend – with all the money collected to go to your bike MS fundraising goal!
- Casino Party: Have a little fun with your family and friends by inviting them to play at poker night!
- Wine Tasting Party: Ask local wineries to donate bottles of wine and charge your friends and family to come over for a tasting!
- Save Spare Change: You will be surprised how quickly this spare change adds up and makes a terrific pledge to yourself!
For more unique ideas, please click on our document “101 Fundraising Ideas”