Camp Can Do
Camp Can Do is a three-day camp for people living with MS who require assistance with everyday living. Campers enjoy a totally barrier-free, fun and unique "camping experience," while their caregivers can get some rest and relaxation at home. This camp offers educational and recreational activities as well as overnight accommodations in air-conditioned cabins. Some activities include swimming, fishing, canoeing, arts and crafts, parties, and archery.
- Held in May at Camp For All in Burton, TX
- There is a $40/person charge to attend this camp and everyone is responsible for their own transportation. The camp is open to individuals outside of Texas. Space is limited.
- Registration is not currently open for this event, but for information, contact Nan Rose, 713-394-2945 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Getaway Weekend is a two-night weekend retreat that promises relaxation in a secluded setting, along with themed fun group activities. It is a weekend of support, wellness, games, food and fun, open to individuals living with MS, along with their spouse, carepartner, friend and/or adult family member. Must be 18 years of age to attend. Most, but not all, facilities are accessible.
- Held in late spring in Woodworth, LA and late fall in Tulsa, OK
- Getaway Weekend in Louisiana is $40/person and includes accommodations, activities and meals. Guests are responsible for their own transportation. Space is limited. Registration is not currently open for this event, but for information, contact Anna Moss, 504-322-3781 or email@example.com.
- Getaway Weekend in Oklahoma is $5/person but does not include room reservations. These need to be made separately and are $90.95/night. Space is limited. Registration is not currently open for this event, but for information, contact 800-344-4867, option 1.