It’s never too early to begin planning financially for the future – evaluating your income, assets, debts, benefits, and other resources is essential to being well-prepared for a future with MS.
The PlanningWise program is a dynamic career, financial and life planning program from the National Multiple Sclerosis Society that will help people living with MS evaluate and plan their career path and financial future.
The PlanningWise program provides one-to-one consultation for people with MS that offers career coaching, financial planning and insurance benefit counseling.
Work one-on-one with a professional career coach to achieve employment, career and personal goals. The coach is educated about the physical and cognitive challenges faced by persons with MS and can help you set goals such as:
- Achieve focus and momentum and your passion in life even with a diagnosis of MS.
- Take effective, focused actions immediately
- Replace work stress and effort with energy and flow
- Achieve balance between work, life and MS symptoms
A professional career coach and financial counselors provide assistance via phone to help people living with MS plan productively for the future.
Coaching is available to persons living with MS who have recently had a poor performance review, difficulties performing job responsibilities and have insecurities on the job. Contact Susan La Combe or 1-800-344-4867, select Option 2 for details and to apply. .
GreenPath's educational courses have been developed by GreenPath financial counselors to provide you with unique, easy to use money management tools. GreenPath University is free. If you wish to speak to someone from GreenPath, the first counseling session is free. However, if you need more detailed help with your finances, there is a cost for the counseling sessions. Learn more.
- Join the National Disability Institute for a webinar series on important financial wellness topics for persons with disabilities.
- Live Fully, Live Well, a comprehensive wellness program from the National MS Society and Can Do MS designed for people living with MS and their support partners, includes a section on career and financial planning. Watch the video and then use the worksheets to help with your goals.
- From the MS Learn Online library, watch Planning for a Life with MS.