Annually, our volunteer Government Relations Committee (GRC) compiles and approves a list of priority legislative issues that impact the lives of Texans affected by MS. These issues are carefully selected by this committed group of volunteers who live throughout the state of Texas.
MS activists and staff at the National MS Society relentlessly advocate every day to advance these policies and programs.
Further details for the below issues are coming soon!
Listed below is our Statewide Legislative Agenda for 2010-2011:
Other important issues of focus include:
- Texas Health Insurance Pool
- Consumer protections in Texas electric utility markets
- Protecting state funding for Long-Term Services & Supports
- Stem cell research
- Healthy Texas program
- Single Point of Entry for Long-Term Care
- Implementation of Federal Health Care Reform
You may also read our Issue Briefs from the 2009 Legislative Session.